To counter Covid-19, all attendees participating in any in-person worship service or fellowship or activity at the CIBC premise must observe and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Cleaning: Pews, high touch areas, AV equipment will be disinfected prior and after each gathering
- New signage at front doors: Signs will instruct those who are not feeling well or who had been in contact with an infected person or who are waiting for COVID-19 test result or who had traveled to an area with an alarming surge of COVID-19, to stay home/see doctor
- On-site screening: We will assign people to make sure each person is screened before entering sanctuary, e.g. temperature check, etc.
- Protective gears: Everybody over 2 years of age must wear mask at all times throughout the building (unless medically you cannot breathe well in which case advise the pastor or deacon). The church will have spare masks to give out. Church also has gloves available.
- Personal hygiene: All those attending church must thoroughly clean their hands before entering the sanctuary, (Hand sanitizers will be available for your use).
- Social distancing: Only sit in pre-marked sections of pews, 6 feet apart from each other (family members can sit next to each other). Every other row of pews will be roped off to maintain 6 feet. Also, all are to maintain 6 feet apart while standing/ speaking to each other. Podium/music stands will be placed 12 feet away from others on stage, from pianist, AV personnel and those in the pew. (Please sit 12 feet away from the pastor during Lord’s Supper).
- Limit capacity: We will limit sanctuary to 50% of its posted capacity.
- Attendance list: In addition to the log that pastor has been keeping of all those attending worship, a separate check off list will be maintained as each one enters/leaves. We may also take group picture of all who are present. (There is no need to per-register like before. Based on recent attendance, there is enough space to accommodate even sitting at 6 feet apart).
- Limit contact time: Except for Lord’s Supper Sundays which may on occasion go over 5 minutes, English Worship Service will be about one hour or less. Chinese Worship will be about one hour 5 minutes or less
In addition, we are not to congregate/hang around for more than 12-13 minutes before and after service (except for the workers setting up or cleaning up or counting offering).
- Path of travel: For English Worship, those who are physically able, please exit via rear room, up second floor.
- Ventilation: We will keep the sanctuary windows/doors opened as much as possible,
- No eating: No eating at church unless medically necessary.
- Only gather for in-person worship services: For August, all other in-person gatherings will cease to be at church, including Sunday School, prayer meetings, weekday fellowships. All these will continue online (could be on a different day and/or at a different time).